Amber, the creative genius behind The Tasty Alternative, created this amazing recipe for Valentine’s Day. Hard to imagine a better match for NadaMoo ice cream.
Grain free vegan double chocolate cookies
-1 cup whole raw hazelnuts
-1/3 cup whole raw almonds
-1/4 cup coconut flour
-1/4 cup raw organic cacao
-1/3 cup coconut sugar
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-7 dried medjool dates (pitted and soaked in filtered water for 1 -2 hours)
-1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
-1 tablespoon water
Preheat oven to 375
1. In food processor with s-blade, grind hazelnuts until coarse.
2. Add almonds and blend until nuts release just a bit of oil.
3. Add coconut flour and coconut sugar, pulse, pulse, pulse. Add cacao, pulse, pulse, pulse.
4. Add baking soda and salt, pulse, pulse, pulse.
(the dry mixture should feel like a fine flour).
5. Transfer dry ingredients to a bowl. Clean out food processor.
6. In food processor with s-blade, add strained dates, coconut oil, vanilla, water and blend until incorporated.
7. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix (with hands).
8. Roll out dough on non stick surface about 1/2 inch thick – make sure they aren’t too thin. Make cutouts. Transfer to nonstick baking surface and bake for 10 – 12 minutes – or so, check at 10 minutes. Cookies will firm as they cool.
9. When cool, top cookies with melted chocolate. I use this chocolate bar
(extreme dark chocolate 88%). It’s cane-sugar free (sweetened only with filtered date sugar) and dairy free. It does contain soy lecithin.
Pink Shredded Coconut
-Natural food coloring
1. Add 1/2 cup shredded coconut to a jar.
2. Add a few drops of red coloring. I use this
3. Cover lid and shake until well incorporated.
Grab some Vanilla NadaMoo, add a few drops of that natural food coloring, mix it up, slather it on the cookies, and enjoy paradise.
Amazing. Thanks Amber! You can see her original post here.